A. Lange & Söhne, DUJOUR, GENEVA, IWC, RICHARD MILLE, ROGER DUBUIS, SIHH 2014, USA
AUDREY TRITTO PUBLISHED ON DUJOUR MAGAZINE – WE ARE IN AMERICA !!!!!!YEAHHH !!!!!!
18 Febbraio 2014 |
|My article Published on DU JOUR MAGAZINE IN USA|
THE WATCH WORLD CONVENES IN GENEVA FOR SIHH 2014
We highlight the top 5 moments from the conference that gathers the crème de la crème of the horological world
The Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie in Geneva is more than just a simple watch exhibition. The annual event gathers 16 of the most prestigious watch maisons from around the world to present the latest in high-end timepieces. The invite-only exhibition showcases elegance, fine craftsmanship and, above all, luxury. Below, we bring you the top five timepieces from Switzerland.
1. The Portuguese Sidérale Scafusia is the first watch from IWC to feature a patented constant-force tourbillon and features a customized celestial chart. IWC also hosted one of the most talked about parties featuring appearances by Ewan McGregor and Susan Sarandon and even a special performance by Cirque du Soleil.
2. The Excalibur Double Flying Tourbillon from Roger Dubuis showcases pioneering tourbillon technology and compensates for the effects of gravity to improve the functioning of the timepiece.
3. The Quai de L’Ile Day-Date and Power Reserve by Vacheron Costantin is named for the famed watchmaker’s historial address in Geneva and features a see-through sapphire crystal faceback and 18-karat pink gold crown.
4. The 1815 Tourbillon by A. Lange & Söhne highlights their patented Zero Reset mechanism which allows it to be stopped, set and restarted with one-second accuracy.
5. RM 052-01 Tourbillon Skull Nano-Ceramic is the latest innovation from Richard Mille. Resembling something out of a comic book, the timepiece features a ceramic case and solid gold skull at the center with the tourbillon located inside its jaws.
Audrey Tritto writes for audreyworldnews.com
DU JOUR is a quarterly, oversized, glossy print publication with a distribution of 250,000 copies to hand-selected readers’ homes-an audience that represents the on the USA country’s most discriminating luxury goods consumers.
DU JOUR digitally deliver a monthly interactive publication to the 3 million most affluent…..some of the most active high-net-worth consumers in America.
Selected by recognized tastemakers and influences, showcasing “the Best for the Best,” while idenifying the people, places, and products on the verge of discovery.